Can’t believe its 2013, can you imagine … 220.127.116.11 … yikes.
So instead of being good trying to start on a clean slate and be all healthy and goody 2 shoes like the brain wants me to … I decided to go wild… I mean what do I have to lose … worst case I get a do over in 2014 right? Yay!
With all the leftover yams what else is a woman to do???
Marbled sugary sweet cream cheesy potato sheet cake… yay .. im in.
The line up. I did not puree the sweet potatoes cuz I wanted to have nice chunks in there.. I like chunks. Reallllly I was too lazy to pull out the food processor so I did it by hand … don’t judge me .. you know you like it.
Apparently also too lazy to take all the in-between pictures so here… by the magic of Al Gores’ internet…
Straight to the batter on the sheet…. kudos Tasha… kudos.
Topped with the cream cheese mixture and blend in with a butter knife. A little lumpy but no worries it all works out in the end. It does … believe me.
Anywhoo baked done. Look at this perfection. Ahhhhhhh yummmmmmmm.
Make the Glaze. You can make this while its baking so its ready to go when it comes out.
Ahhhhh sugary glaze…. the best thing since sliced bread!
Ok 1 comment…. how amaaaaaazing does this look? I poked some lovely holes in the cake so the glaze melts right into the cake …. Like right now it should be going in my mouth hole…. yes!
Then if you can CONTROL yourself … I guess I was able to this time.
Sprinkle on the chopped pecans.
Next time I will put whole pecans on each slice to be all fancy smancy. Yes … do that!
Then eat some .. it will be miraculously heavenly moist and sweet and delicious.
Love this recipe … so very much so. Thanks to Krista @budgetgourmetmom … you are preciousa.
Sweet Potato sheet cake adapted from This lovely lady – BudgetGourmetMom
Makes a 11 x 17 Sheet pan ~ Prep time:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Grease and flour a jelly roll pan, mine was 11 by 17.
- Cream the cream cheese, egg and sugar. Set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes and eggs, one at a time.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Pour onto prepared sheet.
- Top with cream cheese mixture and blend with a knife.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean about 20 – 25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Make your glaze – mix melted butter, milk and powdered sugar until incorporated.
- Poke holes in the warm cake, then pour the glaze over and spread with a spatula.
- Top with chopped pecans.
Divine. Did I say that already……. try sum… yes?