Superbowl was crazy … yea … super CRAZY.
Lets just leave it at that.
After all the delicious food I mean you would think I would be good for a week … but nooooo.
I mean what other option do I have .. my hands are tied a girl must eat only delicious things.
Sooo I found this recipe on kevinandamanda, yes you know them .. if you don’t .. better get acquainted QUICK!
Unfortunately I do not have that many pictures because apparently I still have beer on my brain .. xcuse me .. *hic* or maybe its Beyonces dutty wine .. *hic*
The Lineup.. I got this jar of Jalapenos on sale at target and they were GREAT in this recipe but you can use fresh Jalapeno or use a can of rotel.
You use only one pot/skillet I mean how awesome is that.
Look at this good stuff…
Oh Ehm Gee! At this point I mean you can totally eat it.
But what good is that when you can add more goodness!
Yup.. thats right…
Cheese … Mix it all in.
Top with remaining cheese and scallions.
Just looooook! Isn’t that soooo much better.
All melty and cheesy.
Yikes.. I’m hungry again.
Make this! You will totally never regret it. Now run along …
Spicy Sausage Pasta ~ adapted from Amanda
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package Polska/smoked sausage (I used Turkey as well)
- 1.5 cups diced onion(I also used frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pickled Jalapenos
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 box Pasta, any kind
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded (I used half sharp and half mozzarella)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Saute sausage and onions with olive oil in an oven-safe skillet.
- Once browned add garlic.
- Then add tomatoes and jalapenos, cook for another 2 mins.
- Add broth, cream and uncooked pasta. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil then cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes (Add more broth or cream if needed)
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese and scallions.
- Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
The most delicious dinner EVER… ok not ever .. but you know .. almost EVER!