A simple recipe for dipping bread, you can use with soup or dips.
I use a little butter and my favorite penzey’s spice. Fox Point. The best.
The line up.
It doesn’t get easier than this. You can use basic garlic salt or any seasoning you prefer. I love the Fox point because its so flavorful and it takes the bread or anything for that fact that you put it on to the next level. Worth every penny!
Melt butter, you can sprinkle some of the seasoning in the butter then brush on or you can sprinkle after.
I have done it both ways and it works either way.
Brush on the butter.
Sprinkle the seasoning.
Admire what you dun did… I mean just look at this.
You dun did it this time!!!
I could totally eat the entire loaf like this. Totalleee!
This is perfect as a base for bruschetta or for a nice creamy cheesy dip or soup or all by its lonesome!
Dipping bread ~
- Loaf French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Fox point seasoning (Shallots, green peppercorns, salt, chives, garlic & onion)
- Slice bread about 1/4 inch thick.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Line up pieces of sliced bread on top.
- Brush bread on one side with melted butter.
- Sprinkle seasoning on top of the buttered slices.
- Set oven to broil.
- Toast for about 2 minutes or until golden.
- Enjoy with your favorite dip or soup.