Delicious Delicious DELICIOUS!!!!
The most amazing cake I have made so far and trust me I have made lots of cakes!! Its dense and sweet and goes perfect with the frosting. I suggest tossing it in the microwave for about 20 secs each time you have a slice, sensational!!
All you need.
Mash Bananas and add lemon Juice.
Cream Sugar and butter.
Add Eggs one at a time.
Add Flour. You can do this alternately with the buttermilk a little at a time and mixing well.
Add buttermilk. Once again I did not have buttermilk so I substituted with milk and vinegar letting it sit for about 5 mins.
Add Mashed Banana.
Pour in pan. I used a 10 inch springform pan and split the cake in 2 to frost but with this batter you can probably make about 2, 8inch cakes.
Should be done in about an hour and maybe 10 mins. But once a toothpick comes out clean you are good, remember there is fresh banana so poke around a little to make sure its done and not just a banana piece. Also once you remove from the oven pop straight into the freezer for about 45 mins to seal in the moisture. I baked this particular one late at night so I just left it overnight in the fridge then frosted in the morning. Worked out just as good. I split the cake in half and frosted.
Then Sliced some bananas and put on top. I did take the bananas off later because they do not keep very well. Very delicious cake and really easy to make. Next time will try with chocolate cream cheese or buttercream frosting even though I am completely in love with the cream cheese frosting.
Banana Cake Ingredients~
Makes about 12 servings ~ Prep Time: 20 mins , Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/8 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
Prep Instructions ~
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Grease and flour a 8 or 10 inch cake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist.
I will post the cream cheese frosting separately but it is the same recipe I posted with the Red velvet cake in case you need it immediately! Enjoy!